Note that links on kitchen equipment and devices lead to Amazon Retail Sales pages. We earn commision if you buy any of these items through the links but at no extra cost to you.
This makes an easy make-ahead breakfast for a weekend or holiday.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons (27 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups (535 ml) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (31 g) all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (6 g) brown sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, packed
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh (290 g) or frozen (310 g)
You can substitute strawberries or raspberries or use some combination of fruit, if you prefer.
Cut bread into cubes and place in a greased 9 × 13-inch (23 × 33 cm) baking dish. In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg substitute, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the skim milk until well blended. Pour over bread, turning pieces to coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5). In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar substitute, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Turn bread over in baking dish. Cover with blueberries. Sprinkle evenly with crumb mixture. Bake about 40 minutes until golden brown.
- 2346 Calories (16% from Fat, 12% from Protein, 71% from Carb)
- 72 g Protein
- 42 g Total Fat
- 18 g Saturated Fat
- 12 g Monounsaturated Fat
- 6 g Polyunsaturated Fat
- 420 g Carb
- 18 g Fiber
- 234 g Sugar
- 1212 mg Phosphorus
- 1302 mg Calcium
- 786 mg Sodium
- 2496 mg Potassium
- 2700 IU Vitamin A
- 528 mg ATE Vitamin E
- 12 mg Vitamin C
- 78 mg Cholesterol
McCormick Ground Cinnamon - 18 oz
Versatile Spice for Sweet and Savory Dishes
McCormick Ground Cinnamon is a deep, sweet, warm flavor and rich mahogany color. Premium quality for pure, superior flavor. No added fillers and non GMO. A versatile spice that complements the flavors of many Thanksgiving dishes. Add to sweet potatoes, chili or spice rubs.
To divide this into as many portions as you want to eat it:
- When you’re done preparing meal, measure it with a good kitchen scale.
- Note the weight.
- If you intend to eat it for, let say 2 times, divide its weight by 2 to know the weight of every portion you’ll be taking.
So for this recipe, if we assume the weight is 500g and you have decided to eat it at 2 different meal times, then you must weigh 250g for every portion.
Etekcity Food Kitchen Scale
1 g (0.05 oz) Increment Measure Accuracy Scale
Measure up to 5000 g (11 lb, 250 oz) precisely. Select your preferred units (and convert units) to follow recipes more conveniently. It has easily read measurements on the backlit LCD display. Built with 304 food-grade, stainless steel for food safety.
*At the time of publishing, the price was $9.99.
To lose weight and keep fit, you must know your Daily Calorie Target (DCT) and eat accordingly. Check out our Weight Management Dashboard to get your DCT.
Please Share with Your Friends/Followers